Feel good that your bank is carbon neutral and never lends money to the fossil fuels industry.
As first responders, you and your colleagues are already dealing with the impact of climate change in Australia.
At Firefighters Mutual Bank, we lead by example to use money for good and make a positive impact on the planet.
We don’t source money from, or directly lend to, the fossil fuel industry. Plus, all new deposit and home-loan products are certified responsible investments.
We also take action with our own carbon footprint. The bank is net zero for all its direct greenhouse emissions (electricity and fuel use).
What we do
- We invest your money responsibly and ethically under strict rules.
- We take action on climate change and don’t source money from, or directly lend to, the fossil fuel industry.
- Joining our bank means you can do align your money with your values – at no extra cost.
- Every mortgage and deposit product we sell is independently certified as a Responsible Investment at no extra cost to the consumer.
1. Retail mortgages, deposits and Wholesale Debt Investment Programme and Short Term Deposits have been certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) according to the strict operational and disclosure practices required under the Responsible Investment Certification Program. See www.responsibleinvestment.org for details. The Responsible Investment Certification Program does not constitute financial product advice. Neither the Certification Symbol nor RIAA recommends to any person that any financial product is a suitable investment or that returns are guaranteed. Appropriate professional advice should be sought prior to making an investment decision. RIAA does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence.