As first responders, you and your colleagues are already dealing with the impact of climate change in Australia.
At Firefighters Mutual Bank, we lead by example to use money for good and make a positive impact on the planet.
We have zero direct investment in large-scale greenhouse polluting activity or companies1. Plus, all new saving and home-loan products are certified responsible investments.
Put simply, it means your money, and the money we lend you, will never be used for industries that pollute the planet.
We also take action with our own carbon footprint.
So, in addition to strict investment policies, carbon emissions from our own electricity and fuel use are offset to zero2.
What we do
- We’re a leader in fossil-fuel free banking
- The Bank does not use members’ deposits to directly lend to, buy equity or debt in, any large-scale greenhouse polluting activities from fossil fuel exploration, extraction, production and use.
- The Bank does not use members’ funds to finance large-scale greenhouse-gas pollution.
- We have $1 billion of Certified Ethical Investment based on fossil fuel exclusion
- We’ve achieved net zero emissions buildings via the mandatory installation of solar PV and LEDs and carbon offsets on six owned buildings.
- For six years we have been a carbon neutral bank, and so all members’ accounts are with a carbon neutral bank. Our emissions from electricity and fuel use are offset to zero.