Feel good about banking with one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
Strong ethics and values are what define the emergency services sector.
In the same way, our values are what drives our commitment to do what’s good and right for our members, the planet and people on it.
For the sixth year in a row, we’ve been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute. In 2023, we were one of only four banks globally to achieve this.
It feels good to be ethical. It underpins who we are, what we do and why we do it - and has done for over 50 years.
What we do
- We’re a world-leading, socially responsible bank. We are proof that a bank can be both profitable and socially responsible.
- Our commitment is verified by third party certification and assessment.
- We were named as One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 2023 for ten years in a row (2014-2023).
- We are a Certified B Corp Bank, one of 44 in the world, meaning we are a global leader in using business as a force for good.
- We were named Green Bank of the Year 2022 in the Finder Green Awards, Highly Commended in 2023 and a Finalist 2020 and 2021.
- We are the only bank named as a Responsible Investment Leader by RIAA (Responsible Investment Association of Australasia) in 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- We published more than 80 external results, which highlight our consistency and leadership in socially responsible banking year-on-year.
- We invest our members’ money responsibly and ethically and run the bank for people planet and profit.
- We don’t directly invest in or lend money to industries that pollute the planet, and the money borrowed from us is not sourced from polluting industries.
- We are not like other banks – profit for purpose is our business model, and we are 100% owned by our Members.
® “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and “Ethisphere” names and marks are registered trademarks of Ethisphere LLC. The World’s Most Ethical Company assessment is based upon the Ethisphere Institute’s Ethics Quotient (EQ) framework and honours superior achievements in transparency, integrity, ethics and compliance. Teachers Mutual Bank Limited has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies from 2014-2023, and includes subsidiaries Teachers Mutual Bank (2014-2023) UniBank (2016-2023), Firefighters Mutual Bank (2018-2023) and Health Professionals Bank (2021-2023).