1800 800 225
Phone enquiries are available 8am to 7pm, weekdays and 9am to 3pm, Saturday.Our offices are open 9am to 5pm, weekdays.
Firefighters Mutual Bank provides a one-stop-shop for all your travel services.
Cash Passport is quite simply a card which you pre-load with your spending money in up to eleven (11) different currencies2 on the same card before you travel. The card can be used for point of sale, online and for ATM transactions worldwide, wherever the MasterCard Acceptance Mark is displayed. It is Chip and PIN protected for enhanced security and worldwide acceptance.
You can reload your card, check your balance, access statements, locate your nearest MasterCard ATM, allocate funds and view your recent transactions online from anywhere in the world. There is also a Help Centre, and information on how to get more from your card.
Simply view ‘My Account’ after logging in via the cash passport website.
This now includes the automated ‘Cash Out’ process available when you are signed in to ’My account’.
View the Cash Out process guide
To retrieve your cash passport balance, complete the Cash Passport Encashment Form. Cash outs are processed within 10 business days. Note: Cash outs of foreign cards will be converted to AUD at the prevailing exchange rate prior to crediting to the customers bank account. You can also access funds via a local MasterCard ATM. Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
Don’t let a delayed flight take the fun out of travel!
Enjoy complimentary access to airport lounges worldwide, upon a flight delay. You and a travelling companion can relax in comfort while you wait for your flight in a LoungeKey™ airport lounge worldwide8.
1. Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the multi-currency Cash PassportTM (“Cash Passport”) in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240984). You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you. Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
2. Before you make a decision to acquire the Card, please check www.cashpassport.com/multi for the latest currencies supported.
3. Some ATM Operators may charge their own fee or set their own limits.
4. “Lock in your rate” means that the prevailing exchange rate is locked in for the initial load value only. Subsequent card reloads will be processed at the then prevailing exchange rate on the day of the reload transaction, and will be locked in at that rate.
5. Emergency cash replacement (up to the amount available on your card), anywhere in the world, normally within 20 minutes, though in some remote locations this could take up to 24 hours.
6. Not all RediATMs or RediATM networks are capable of enabling PIN change on Cash Passport cards. It is important that the ATM locator on Cashpassport.com.au is used as it will identify only those ATMs where the PIN change can be completed.
7. Card to Card (C2C) transfers will be enabled to allow two Cash Passport card holders (Australian issued Cash Passport cards) to transfer funds to each other via My Account. Domestic C2C transfers can take place between the same currency, for example AU$ to AU$, or cross currency, for example, AU$ to US$; or AU$ to SG$. Limits will apply up to a maximum of AU$20,000 or currency equivalent. No fee will apply.
8. Flight Delay Pass is a unique service that auto-informs Cash Passport Platinum cardholders if their registered flight is delayed by 2 hours or more. In the event their flight is delayed by more than 2 hours, it sends complimentary lounge pass(es) to them and their registered travel companion(s), so that they can relax in comfort, in one of more than 850 LoungeKey airport lounges worldwide. Visit flightdelaypass.mastercard.com/termsAndConditions for terms and conditions.
Firefighters Mutual Bank has partnered with American Express to offer you a variety of foreign currency services so you have the confidence of security and convenience when sending and receiving money from overseas.
A fee of $25 applies to foreign currency telegraphic transfers and $40 for AUD telegraphic transfers.
A Telegraphic Transfer (TT) allows you to electronically send funds directly into your beneficiary’s account in a specified currency. TT’s are the preferred method to make large value international payments as they are processed quickly, cost-effectively and securely in over 100 currencies.
You can choose for the funds to be either in Australian dollars or the currency of the destination country (note some restrictions may apply*). Please note TT’s are not immediate – they can take anywhere between 7 and 10 working days to arrive, depending on the country.
To arrange for a TT complete the Telegraphic Transfer form before printing and posting, faxing or emailing to us.
Send money overseas
An incoming overseas deposit allows you to receive foreign currency into your account that is then converted into Australian dollars (AUD). Receiving foreign currency from an overseas account is easy.
The overseas financial institution can use one of two intermediaries to transfer the deposit to your Bank account.
To start the process, Firefighters Mutual Bank members can simply visit the American Express Portal, complete the online form and then send the information provided to your payment sender.
The Inward Currency and Account Details document contains all the information you need to receive an incoming telegraphic transfer.
Visit the American Express Portal
You may also receive money from overseas using CUSCAL’s service. CUSCAL will not accept funds transferred from overseas directly to themselves, therefore your funds will need to be processed through an intermediary bank. You may be able to nominate either an intermediary bank of your own choosing, or CUSCAL’s preferred intermediary bank, NAB. Fees and Charges apply.
CUSCAL, 1 Margaret Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Your member number
Your full name
Firefighters Mutual Bank
CUSCAL's preferred intermediary bank is NAB. Swift Code NATAAU3303M.
Please be aware that CUSCAL take a $6.42 fee, from incoming TT's from the amount you receive from overseas. The Sending Bank and the Intermediary Institution are able to deduct a processing fee for international transfers. Depending on the circumstances, such as the location of the sending financial institution and its commercial arrangements, processing via more than one intermediary bank may be necessary.
Contact us from overseas
*See Terms and conditions. Please note that telegraphic transfers (TT’s) are sent via a network of correspondent banks, which sometimes levy a small handling charge on your payment. Any such fees, and payment delays, are out of our control.
Telegraphic Transfers are arranged through American Express International Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208 AFSL No.237996). Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware USA. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company. A Product Disclosure Document can be requested by calling 1800 800 225 8am to 7pm, weekdays or 9am to 3pm, Saturdays or from any of our offices. The information contained in this document has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the PDS and consider the appropriateness of Telegraphic Transfers in relation to your individual requirements. Please note currency conversion rates change according to market conditions for outgoing transfers.
Cuscal is Australia's leading provider of transactional banking, liquidity and capital management products and superannuation solutions to more than 150 specialist financial services institutions across Australia. They provide clients access to Australian capital markets, payment systems, card schemes, inter-institutional settlement arrangements, and is one of the nation's largest ATM networks.
Tertiary Travel offers competitive prices, excellent services and discounts for our members’ travel needs including:
If you are not a member, visit our join page and learn more about our wide range of benefits. Whether you're looking for a weekend away, family holiday or overseas trip, you can book up to one year in advance and select from over 22,000 properties worldwide.
To learn more about the Diploma Travel rebrand (now Tertiary Travel), view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Talk to our experienced consultants about special offers for your next holiday.
Call 1300 888 999 for a quote.
Learn more about Tertiary Travel
Tertiary Travel Service Pty Ltd ABN 28 008 900 981 is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Teachers Mutual Bank Limited and an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd trading as Allianz Global Assistance ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631. Travel Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd trading as Allianz Global Assistance ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement available here at Tertiary Travel. If you purchase a policy, the Authorised Representative receives a commission which is a percentage of your premium—ask us for more details.
Foreign cash is available in a wide range of currencies.
You can check the Exchange rate before ordering.
Your order can be couriered to a registered business address in Australia, usually within 2-3 working days, at no extra charge (minimum value of AUD$250).
Alternatively, your order can be collected from our office with 2-3 working days’ notice. Contact us first to confirm it has arrived.
Foreign Cash Foreign Cash is issued by Travelex Limited ABN 36 004 179 953, AFSL 222444. A fee of 1% or $10 (whichever is greater) will apply.
Handy travel tips to consider before you go on your holiday:
A bank draft is a cheque issued in a foreign currency, it can only be deposited into the account of the person the draft is made payable to, making it safe and secure. Cheque clearance times may apply when depositing cheque(s) to overseas banks.
A bank draft is available in a wide range of currencies - including Australian dollars. We recommend a draft in the destination country’s currency to avoid additional exchange rate fees or delays at the other end. Call 1800 800 225 8am to 7pm, weekdays, and 9am to 3pm, Saturday to check if your destination country’s currency is available.
To arrange for a bank draft complete the bank draft form before printing and posting, faxing or emailing to us.
You can have it sent by Express Post to your residential address within Australia or collect from one of our offices. Bank drafts are usually available within 7-10 working days. Contact us first to confirm it has arrived.
Order a bank draft
1 Bank drafts are arranged through American Express International Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208 AFSL No.237996). Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware USA. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company. A Financial Services Guide or a Draft Information Booklet can be requested at tmbank.com.au or by calling 13 12 21 8am to 7pm, weekdays or 9am to 3pm, Saturdays or from any of our offices. The information contained in this document has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the booklet and consider the appropriateness of bank drafts in relation to your individual requirements. A fee of $10 applies to foreign currency bank drafts and $15 for AUD bank drafts.
2 Conversion of Foreign Currency Cheques are completed by Travelex Limited ABN 36 004 179 953, AFSL 222444. A $25 fee applies for each foreign currency cheque that converts to the equivalent of $10,000 AUD and under. For cheques converting to over $10,000 AUD, a $50 fee is applied.
3Available in selected foreign currencies only. Contact Firefighters Mutual Bank on 1800 800 225 for a complete list of currencies available for conversion.